1. Communal Lunch: L’Espresso café (Churchill Square, next to the Winspear; $13.00;acceptances no later than December 6, please.
2. (SAGE, usual room, 1:00pm) Guest Speaker: Terry Price (chair, Seniors Task Force, PIA)
3. Announcements, (round table; please distinguish clearly between discussion items and announcements!)
4. Emergent items:
a. Arrangements for January 22 meeting
b. Speakers at future meetings. (David Climenhaga, date TBD; Ricardo Acuna, date TBD)
5. Committee and Watching Brief Reports: a. Long term care, (Carol); b. Water issues(Isobel); c. Environment, other issues (Cecily); d. Finances (Tim, Robin); e. PIA (Carol); f.Website (Peter); g. Telephone tree (Edda); j. FOM (Nic)
a. December 13, 4pm – 7pm: PIA and the other co-tenants (Friends of Medicare, Council of Canadians, Labour History Inst., Workers’ Health Centre); Holiday Open House; 6 th . floor, 12323 Stony Plain Road; please RSVP to Monica Walker at (780)420-0471 or e-mail email@example.com
b. December 14, 7:00pm: Westwood Unitarian Church (11135 – 65 Avenue); Social Justice Movie Night; “Waterwalker”.
c. December 17, 5pm – 9pm: Parkland Institute’s Seasonal Open House; U. of Alberta, 3 rd . floor, Humanities Centre
d. February 4 – 8, 2019: International Week, U. of Alberta
e. February 28, 2019, evening: Parkland Institute’s Annual Fundraising Gala and Silent Auction; Chateau Lacombe Hotel; Tickets TBA
f. April 4 – 5, 2019: PIA’s annual conference, “Our Public Services: Protecting and Revitalizing in Uncertain Times”; Chateau Louis Conference Centre; check www.pialberta.org/conference2019 for details (as they become available).
7. Agenda items for next meeting:
a. Guest speaker: Gordon Howell, P.Eng. on renewable energy
8. Next meeting: Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 1:00 pm