Energy Efficiency Alberta’s programs promote the use of cutting-edge technology to save energy and reduce emissions, while improving quality of life.
Energy efficiency programs are evolving to meet the unique needs of Alberta businesses and communities
Investments in energy efficiency lower utility bills, reduce operating costs to make businesses more competitive, create local jobs and more
• There’s a direct benefit in reduced energy use and lower utility bills for the owner of that building.
• When homes and buildings are more energy efficient, they are more comfortable and often have increased property values.
• When businesses invest in energy-efficient upgrades and retrofits, it makes them more competitive by reducing their operating costs.
• Energy-efficient technologies are installed by contractors and companies in communities, helping to create local jobs and grow businesses.
• Energy efficiency is the low-cost alternative to building costly new utility infrastructure, so all Albertans benefit when the results of energy efficiency add up to reduced system demand.
• Society benefits through lower emissions and cleaner air.
• Energy efficiency education and upgrades help people lower their energy use, making life more affordable.
• Municipalities benefit from increased economic development for local businesses, improved value of buildings and support for environmental goals such as reduced emissions.
Alberta homes and businesses are more efficient, comfortable and competitive When you make a building more energy efficient, it doesn’t just save energy and money—it can make it more comfortable, brighter and safer and increase the value of the property. Many types of buildings have benefited from upgrades through Energy Efficiency Alberta’s programs:
• Industrial facilities, including in the oil and gas sector
• Small- and medium-sized commercial facilities
• Manufacturing plants • Schools from pre-school to Grade 12
• Universities and colleges • Hospitals and medical centres
• Faith-based organizations • Non-profit facilities, such as rinks, pools, arenas, halls and meeting spaces
• Hotels, restaurants and hospitality businesses
• Agricultural, food processing facilities and greenhouses
• Forestry facilities and forestry-product operations
• Warehouses and machine shops
• Waste management companies
• Homes of all types