- Communal lunch, 11:45 for noon: L’espresso bistro ((3, Sir Winston Churchill Square); cost estimate $15 + tip.
- Regular meeting at 1:00 pm: Announcements: (round table; please distinguish clearly between discussion items and announcements!) Please note: The meeting location has changed to the SAGE room on the third floor of SAGE (for this meeting only).
- SALT has a revenue problem!
- Conference afterthoughts (Alberta Association on Gerontology and Parkland)
- Pharmacare update
- Government “engagement” on “Fair Deal”
- Guest speakers
- Committee and Watching Brief Reports: a. Long term care, (Carol); b. Environment, other issues (Cecily); c. Finances (Tim, Robin); d. PIA (Carol); e. Website (Peter); f. Telephone tree (Edda); g. FOM (Nic); h. AFUR (Cathy)
- December 5, 4:00 – 7:30 pm: PIA/FOM (etc) Open House; #604, 12323 Stony Plain Road; RSVP to Monica at 780-420-0471 if planning to attend.
- Now until December 6: Alberta Government’s “choice in education” engagement; https://www.alberta.ca/choice-in-education-engagement.aspx
- December 8, 2:30 pm: St. David’s Welsh Male Voice Choir annual Christmas Concert; Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (10014 – 81 Avenue); tickets ($20) at the door; come early for limited on-street parking!
- December 12, 5:00 pm: Parkland Institute’s annual Open House; Salter Reading Room, 3-95 Humanities Centre, UofA; RSVP via the Parkland website.
- December 13, 7:00 pm: Westwood Unitarian Church; Social Justice Movie Night; double feature – “Invasion” and “Qallunaat”; admission free, all welcome.
- December 17, 4:30 – 6:00 pm: AUPE information picket; Neil Crawford Centre (6950 – 113 Street); AUPE supporters welcome.
- April 2 – 3, 2020: PIA Annual conference (save the dates!).
- Agenda items for next meeting:
- Next meeting: Tuesday,
January 15, 2020January 14 2020
FRIENDS OF SALTAlberta
Spread the love